cooking and recipe tips
Achar Gosht Recipe
Achar gosht is an age old Indian/Pakistani meat dish, consisting of tender meat with the subtle flavour of pickle in oil.
Serves: 5-6 Persons
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
Tender pieces of mutton cooked with a distinct flavour of pickles.
- Beef/mutton/chicken (small pieces) 1kg
- Ginger paste 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Oil/ghee ½ cup (140ml)
- Large Green chillies (slit lengthwise & de-seeded) 8-10
- Yogurt (beaten) ½ kg
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) 6 (medium sized)
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Regal’s Achar Gosht Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Mix 2 tbsp of Regal Achar Gost Masala Mix with lemon juice and fill in green chillies.
2. Mix remaining Regal Achar Gosht Masala Mix in yoghurt. Add meat and marinate for 2-3 hours (Chicken does not need to be marinated therefore skip to step 3).
3. Fry tomatoes in half of the oil/ghee till tender and put them aside for the time being.
4. Take remaining oil/ghee and marinated meat, ginger, garlic, fried tomatoes and the one cup of water, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender.
5. When meat is tender add filled green chillies to the curry, cover the pan and cook on low flame until oil/ghee separates from gravy.
Delicious Achar Gosht is ready. Serve hot with naan.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments