cooking and recipe tips
Rice DishSpicy, hot and flavorsome rice layered with lamb or chicken with potatoes.
Biryani is a classic South East Asian meat and condiment pilau (rice) dish.
Serves: 5-6 People
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Advanced
'Rice with Meat and Potatoes'
- Meat (beef/mutton/chicken) 500g-750g
- Basmati(Soaked for 10 minutes) 500g-750g
- Oil/ghee 1 cup (140ml)
- Onions (Finely chopped) 3 (Medium sized)
- Tomatoes (Finely Chopped) 4 (Medium sized)
- Yogurt 11/4 cup (125g)
- Garlic (Paste) 2tbsp
- Ginger (paste) 2 tbsp
- Kewra 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1 bunch
- Yellow food colour 1 pinch (mixed in 4 tsp water)
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) ½ bunch
- Salt 2 tbsp
- Regal’s Biryani Masala Mix 45g (1 packet)
1. Fry chopped onions in oil/ghee until golden brown then add meat and fry for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add 4-5 cups of water (or as desired) and cook on low flame.
(Water is not needed for chicken)
3. When meat is tender, add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, yoghurt, and Regal’s Biryani Masala Mix. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
4. In another pan, boil rice in 12 cups of water with 2 tbsp of salt (or as desired) until rice is half done, drain the water.
5. In another pan, set rice and meat curry in layers. Sprinkle yellow food colour, coriander, mint leaves and kewra on the rice. Cover and let it simmer on a low flame for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious Biryani is ready. Serve with raita and salad.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments