cooking and recipe tips
Chicken Biryani Recipe
Spicy, hot and flavorsome rice layered with chicken. Chicken Biryani is a classic South East Asian meat and condiment pilau (rice) dish.
Serves: 6-7 People
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Skill level: Advanced
'Chicken Rice dish'
- Chicken: 500g-750g
- Basmati rice: (Soaked) 500g-750g
- Oil/Ghee: 1 cup
- Onions (sliced): 4 (medium sized)
- Tomatoes (chopped): 4-5 (Medium sized)
- Yoghurt: 1 cup
- Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
- Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (Cut lengthwise): 6-8
- Coriander leaves (chopped): ½ bunch
- Mint Leaves (Chopped): 2-3 tbsp
- Yellow food colour: A few drops
- Salt: 2 tbsp
- Regal’s Chicken Biryani Masala Mix: 45g (1 pack)
1. Fry onions in oil/ghee until golden brown. Remove onions from oil/ghee. Spread on a piece of paper and crush when cool.
2. Add the chicken, ginger and garlic pastes and fry thoroughly.
3. Add tomatoes along with Regal’s Chicken Biryani Masala Mix and fry on a high flame.
4. Add yoghurt with crushed onions. Cover and cook until chicken is tender. Add green chillies.
5. In a separate pan, boil rice in 12 cups of water with 2 tbsp of salt. Drain water when the rice is half done.
6. In another pan, set rice and chicken curry in layers. Sprinkle yellow food colour, coriander and mint leaves on the curry. Cover and let it simmer on a low flame for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious Chicken Biryani is ready. Serve hot with raita and salad.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments