cooking and recipe tips
Traditional South East Asian curry dish.
Serves: 5-6 Persons
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
- Meat (beef-boneless) 1 kg
- Wheat 1 cup
- Dal Chana 4 tbsp
- Dal Maash 3 tbsp
- Dal Masoor 3 tbsp
- Barley 4 tbsp
- Oil / ghee 1 cup
1. Soak wheat, barley and lentils for 1-1½ hours. Then boil in 3-4 glasses of water till tender.
2. Heat oil/ghee in a pan and fry meat for 5-7 minutes. Add 2-3 glasses of water and cook till meat becomes tender (add more water if required to tenderize the meat).
3. When meat is tender add Regal’s Haleem Masala Mix and cook for 10 minutes. Then add cooked wheat, barley and lentils.
4. Keep stirring and blend the whole mixture continuously with a wooden spoon. (Alternative; Blend half of the mixture in a blender and add in the remaining).
5. When the mixture takes on a coarse texture, add 2 glasses of water and leave to cook on a low flame for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Delicious Haleem is ready. Serve hot with golden brown sliced fried onions, chopped ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon slices and chat or garam Masala.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments