cooking and recipe tips
Karahi Gosht Recipe
Traditional South East Asian mutton curry.
Serves: 5-6 Persons
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
- Beef/mutton/chicken (small pieces) 1-1 ½ kg
- Oil/ghee 1 cup
- Tomatoes (chopped) 5-6 medium sized
- Green chillies 8-10
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger (thinly sliced) 2 inch piece
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 2-3 tbsp
- Regal’s Karahi Gosht Masala mix 50g (1/2 packet)
1. Heat half of the oil/ghee, add garlic, meat and Regal’s Karahi Gosht Masala Mix and fry for 5-7 minutes. Add 1-2 glasses of water, cover and cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes (water is not needed for chicken)
2. In a separate pan, cook chopped tomatoes in remaining half of the oil/ghee until the water evaporates.
3. Add fried tomatoes and green chillies to the cooked meat. Cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes whilst stirring occasionally.
4. When the oil/ghee separates from the gravy, add coriander leaves and ginger.
Delicious Karahi Gosht is ready. Serve hot with naan.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments