cooking and recipe tips
Kofta (Meatballs) Masala Recipe
Traditional South East Asian mutton meatballs curry dish.
Serves: 6-8 Persons
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
- Finely minced meat (beef/mutton) 1kg
- Onions 4 (medium)
- Yoghurt (whipped) 1 cup
- Oil/ghee 1 cup
- Coriander leaves As desired
- Green chillies (finely chopped) 6-7
- Regal’s Kofta Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Mix 2 onions (finely grounded), green chillies, coriander leaves and 2 tbsp of Regal’s Kofta Masala Mix in the minced meat. /p>
2. Prepare meatballs as per desired size (approx, 20-25). If you prefer fried meatballs, add them to the gravy after frying them until golden brown.
3. Fry remaining chopped onions in oil/ghee until golden brown.
Add whipped yoghurt and the remaining Regal’s Kofta Masala Mix and let it dimmer on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add meatballs to gravy and cook for 10-15 minutes or until water evaporates. (Do not stir, shake pan gently with the help of a cloth at regular intervals to stop the meatballs from breaking up.)
5. Add 2-3 cups of water to meatballs and cook on a low flame for 10-15 minutes or until desired gravy is achieved.
Delicious Kofta Curry is ready. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve with naan.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments