cooking and recipe tips
Traditional curry dish.
Serves: 6-8 Persons
Ready in: 25 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
- Beef (shin) 1 kg
- Bone (knuckle & marrow) 1kg
- Onions (finely chopped) 1 (medium sized)
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Oil/ghee 1 ½ cup
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- Regal’s Nihari Masala mix 55g (1 packet)
1. Heat half cup oil/ghee in a big pan and fry ginger, garlic paste and meat for 10-12 minutes.
2. Add bones and Regal’s Nihari Masala Mix with 6-7 glasses of water. Cover the pan and cook on low heat until meat becomes tender.
3. Dissolve wheat flour in 3 cups of water and gradually add to gravy. Stir constantly to avoid lumps in the gravy.
4. When gravy boils, reduce heat and let it simmer until gravy thickens.
5. In the remaining oil/ghee, fry sliced onions until golden brown and add to gravy.
Delicious Nihari is ready. Serve hot with finely sliced green chillies, ginger, lemon and hot naan.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments