cooking and recipe tips
Shami Kabab Recipe
Traditional South East Asian starter dish
Serves: 10-12 Persons
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Moderate
- Boneless Beef (small cubes) 1 kg
- Minced Meat
- Gram Pulse (soaked for 1 hour) 2 cups
- Onions (cut in 4 pieces) 2 (large sized)
- Ginger (peeled) 2 inch piece
- Garlic (peeled) 1 large bulb
- Egg (beaten) 2
- Oil / ghee (for frying) as per need
- Regal’s Shami Kabab Masala mix 50g (1/2 packet)
Green Masala Ingredients
- Onions (finely chopped) 2 (large sized)
- Green chillies (finely chopped) 10
- Ginger (finely chopped) 1 inch piece
- Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped) half bunch
- Fresh mint leaves (finely chopped) half bunch
1. Mix meat, pulse, onions, garlic, ginger and Regal’s Shami Kabab Mix in a pan. Add 3-4 glasses of water (for minced meat use 2-3 cups) and bring to the boil.
2. Lower the heat and cook until meat tenders and the water evaporates.
3. Add green Masala ingredients and egg to the mixture. Make medium sized kababs (25-30).
4. Heat oil/ghee in a pan and fry the kababs from both sides (do not deep fry).
Delicious Shami Kababs are ready. Serve hot with raita / ketchup.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments