cooking and recipe tips
Sindhi Biryani Recipe
Traditional South East Asian rice dish, a traditional recipe from the Sindh province of Pakistan.
Serves: 5-6 Persons
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Advanced
- Meat (Beef/mutton/chicken) 500-750g
- Rice (soaked for 10 minutes) 500-750g
- Onions (thinly sliced) 4-5 (medium sized)
- Tomatoes 4-5 (medium sized)
- Potatoes (peeled & halved) 3 (medium sized)
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- Oil/ghee 1 cup
- Green chillies (sliced) 10-15
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) 1 bunch
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) ½ bunch
- Yellow food colour 1 pinch (mixed in 4 tsp
- Kewra 1 tsp
- Salt 2tsp
- Regal’s Sindhi Biryani Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Heat oil/ghee & fry onions until golden brown.
2. Add meat ,yoghurt, Regal’s Sindhi Biryani Masala Mix, green chillies and 2 cups of water. When the meat is half tender add the potatoes. Cook until meat tenders.
3. In another pan, boil rice in 12 cups of water with 2 tbsp of salt.
4. Drain water when rice is half done.
5. In a wide pan, set layers of meat curry, tomatoes, coriander & mint leaves and rice. Sprinkle yellow food colour and kewra on the rice.
6. Cover and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes. Lower the flame & let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Delicious Sindhi Biryani is ready. Serve hot with raita and salad.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments