cooking and recipe tips
Tandoori Masala Recipe
Regal RecipeSpicy, hot and flavoursome.
Serves: 6-7 People
Ready in: 50-60 minutes
Skill level: Advanced
- Chicken (cut into4-8 pieces) 1 ½ kg
Vinegar ½ cup (140ml)
Salt 3 tbsp
Water 1 ½ cup (420 ml)
Yoghurt (whipped) ½ cup (125g)
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Oil/ghee 3 tbsp
Regal’s Tandoori Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Make deep cuts on chicken pieces. Mix the vinegar, salt and water together. Add chicken into this mix and leave for 1 hour.
2. Now take the chicken out and give a single rinse with plain water. Mix Regal Tandoori Masala mix, yoghurt ginger and garlic to create a paste and apply thoroughly on chicken pieces. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven at 180”C.
4. Grease a tray with oil/ghee and place the chicken pieces on it.
5. Apply oil/ghee on the chicken pieces and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is roasted partly, turn on the grill for 5 minutes and grill the chicken until ready.
Cooking without an oven:
1. Follow instructions up to the second step.
2. Grease a heavy pan and spread the chicken pieces on it.
3. Cook at high flame for 5 minutes then reduce the flame and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the water has completely dried.
4. For a barbeque aroma, place a burning charcoal between the chicken pieces and put a little oil/ghee on it, then cover for 1-2 minutes.
Delicious Tandoori Masala is ready. Serve hot with naan, salt and raita.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments