cooking and recipe tips
Tikka Masala Recipe
Regal recipeSpicy, hot and flavoursome.
Serves: 6-8 people
Ready in: 50-60 minutes
Skill level: Moderate
Chicken Tikka Masala are pieces of chicken marinated in spices and yogurt then baked in a tandoor oven, served in a masala ("mixture of spices") sauce, it is believed chicken tikka masala is the most popular dish in British restaurants and has been called "Britain's true national dish."
- Chicken 2 kg (cut in 4 pieces)
- Vinegar 1 cup
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 8 tbsp
- Oil/ghee As per requirement
- Regal’s Tikka Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Make deep cuts on chicken pieces and leave in a vinegar and salt mixture for 1 hour.
2. Wash chicken pieces with water and apply Regal’s Tikka Masala Mix with above mentioned ingredients except oil/ghee and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Arrange the tikkas on skewers and grill on low charcoal/gas fire or in an oven until golden brown.
4. Now paste oil/ghee on tikkas and grill until meat tenders.
Delicious Tikka is ready. Serve hot with naan, salt and raita.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments