cooking and recipe tips
Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Traditional South East Asian Rice (Pulao) Dish.
Serves: 6-7 Persons
Ready in: 35 Minutes
Skill level: Advanced
- Meat 1 kg
- Basmati Rice (soaked for 10 minutes) 750g (4-5 cup)
- Ginger paste ½ tbsp
- Garlic paste 1/2tbsp
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Green chillies (whole) 3
- Onion (sliced) 3 (medium sized)
- Salt ½ tbsp
- Oil/Ghee 1 cup
- Regal’s Yakhni Pulao Masala mix 50g (1 packet)
1. Take Regal’s Yakhni Pulao Masala Mix and tie it in a muslin bag. Put meat, 6 glasses of water and the muslin bag in a pan & cook on a low flame.
2. When the water is reduced to approximately 3 glasses and the meat becomes tender, separate the meat, drain the stock (yakhni) and keep it aside.
3. In a pan. Heat oil/ghee and fry the onions until golden brown.
4. Spread half of the onions on a paper and add ginger, garlic, green chillies and yoghurt with the rest of the onions and stir lightly.
5. Add the stock (yakhni) and bring to boil. Add rice and salt and cover the pan.
6. When water dries up, sprinkle the rest of the fried onions and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. When steam appears, Yakhni Puloa rice is ready.
Delicious Yakhni Pulao is ready. Serve with raita and salad.
Cooking Ingredients and Accompaniments